Monday, January 27, 2014

Self-Image: Activity 3

Consider some of the social pressures that you think may shape your behavior and personal image. List the images most commonly associated with the categories or ‘boxes’ you have already listed in Activity 1.

How have you responded to social pressures to conform by adopting an appearance that relates to the categories that you feel you have placed in or have chosen?


            Because I am a teen I am expected to be crazy but mature at the same time, to have self-control and to have no knowledge of my limits. Social pressures like these have shaped both my behavior and personal image in that I -- now naturally -- always carry myself with high regards and with the air of an adult (most of the time). I have learned how to socialize cordially with adults and have educated myself enough to know my limits in nearly every aspect of my daily life, be it my limits with lacrosse or with those of food and drink. Another pressure of being a teenage girl, almost an adult, is that of dressing cutely. I am not fond of this when it is expected of me all the time. While most days I do my hair nicely, wear makeup every day, and dress well in jeans and clean Vans or dark boots with a variety of matching tops I would rather be wearing a comfortable hoodie and some sweat pants with my hair thrown up, and reading a book while having some tea. Not typical of the average teen but a favorite activity nonetheless.
Jessica Alba from fallwear.com






wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment